This is where the north end of CSAH 15 junctions with CSAH 1.
The cemetery has been at this location for over 50 years. A sign at the entrance says, ‘In memory of Tim’ a tribute to the son of a more recent generation of the family who donated the land.
Previously a dairy farm, the farm became a ranch in 1950. It has been owned by the same family for generations. Drive by viewing only.
Started in the 1930s, the resort's current owners are the third generation. The original owners were well known fishing guides. The current generation of Heaths continue that tradition.
On the west side of C.S.A.H. 15 just north of the Piney Ridge Road is the Heath Homestead. This house was built in 1901. The Heath family still lives in the area.
The main water artery into the Whitefish Chain, the Pine River flows into Upper Whitefish Lake just a few miles from this location. Travelers will appreciate the bridge with ‘view through’ sides.
East of CSAH 15 about 1/4 mile on the Driftwood Road is the DNR Walleye Stripping Station. Active from mid to late April, walleyes are intercepted in large nets as they enter the river to spawn.
Located on the north side of the road just west of Silver Sands Road, this is a rearing lake for walleyes. Often there will be many orange floats and aerators on the lake.
Operated as a one-room school until the 1950’s, this little white frame building now serves as the Township Hall. Plumbing is yet to come.
This beautiful, farm tucked behind the cornfield, has been in the same family for over 60 years. Drive by viewing only.