The property where City Hall sits was originally homesteaded in 1911 by Fred Sidell. His claim ran from CSAH 11 all the way down to Pelican Lake.
Across CSAH 11 from Deacon’s Lodge entry sign is the Breezy Point cemetery. A walking trail surrounds the property.
Ranked on the top 10 new public courses in the nation by Golf Magazine, 2000, Deacon’s Lodge was designed by Arnold Palmer and named after his father, Deacon.
Located on the south side of CSAH 11, this is actually a marshland area with several floating bogs. It’s a haven for wildlife. Travelers should keep the camera handy while going past this lake.
This 77-acre tract on Timberland Road was donated by the Chiarella family as a Forest Management Area and planted by the Department of Natural Resources in 1992.
Located on the north side of CSAH 11, the osprey nest is atop a pole (which was erected and the nest transferred from the nearby power pole).
In the early 1930’s, the W.P.A. dredged this channel between Ossawinamakee (Ojibwe for ‘Long Lake’) and Pelican Lake. It was the “dust bowl” years and Pelican Lake was drying up.
The public water access to Pelican Lake is one of the few remaining undeveloped areas around Pelican Lake. The area is a designated loon nesting area.
Located southwest of the intersection of CSAH 3 and 11 near Pelican Lake, this 120 acre forest was designated the Pelican Lake Memorial Forest.