During the late 1800's, the Old Grade was a railroad track used to move logs. It was the Cross Lake Logging Company's railroad. In 1903 Swen P.
The cemetery was laid out in 1935 and is affiliated with Faith Lutheran Church of Swanburg.
Built in 1940, the church originally had its bell in the church bell tower, but following a wild storm in 1963, the bell was knocked off its mounting.
Until 1947, the Town Hall was a one-room schoolhouse. Then and now, the plumbing was an outdoor biffy. There are still several residents in the area who attended school there.
Take a side trip to view Our Lady of the Snows Chapel.
Read Paul Bunyan's story about the Township's namesake, Timothy. Or as Paul tells it... Timothy Burr.
This tree, struck by lightning, stands alone along the byway. Messages to travelers, news of the day, and movie bills for the old Marlow Theater in Pine River were posted on this tree.
Located south of CSAH 1, Arrowhead Lake is one of the fourteen lakes of the Whitefish Chain.
At the northeast side of CSAH 1 and 15 is a metal sculpture of two horses pulling an old covered wagon. This art was a birthday gift to the state veterinarian (who lives here) from his wife.
On the north side, we see a Glacial Boulder Field, evidence of an ice age retreat across Minnesota. Bunyan lore refers to these as Paul's pebbles used in his slingshot as a boy.