USACE Crosslake Park Hosts Annual Youth Fishing Derby
Annual Youth Fishing Derby
After Registration at 8:55:
You'll meet the friendly Park Rangers who will share what they have in store for your morning; like some educational programs, fishing, prizes and a special guest!
Rangers will gather everyone into groups; a Green Group, a Red Group and a Blue Group.
After the programs the rangers will lead you to the weigh in station.
Rules of the fishing derby:
- Participants must be 14 years of age or younger.
- All participants must complete the educational portion of the day to participate in the fishing derby.
- All fish must be caught with state regulations.
- All rulings by derby officials are final.
- All fishing must be done from the shoreline within the boundaries of Crosslake Recreation Area.
- No fishing from boats, inside of buoys, on the rip rap, the designated beach areas, and no wading.
- All legal fish caught must be brought directly to Utility Building by the dam to be weighed and recorded.
- Parents/guardians can only assist with the baiting of the hook and removal of the fish.
- All fish must be caught within the designated time period of 10:00 and 12:00.
- All fish must be caught and brought to the Utility Building by the dam by 12:00.
- All participants should have a safe and fun day of fishing!
*Parents, remember about water safety and please bring a life jacket for each child. If you don't have one we have a loaner program if someone would like to borrow a life jacket.
You will receive a map in your packet which shows designated fishing areas.
Prizes and award ceremony will be held at the park office.