For the second consecutive summer, KLKS Radio in Breezy Point is treating the Lake Country to ‘Byway Minutes’, a minute of interesting information about the Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway sponsored by Byway area businesses.
Running from May to September, the informational spots will air at 2:40pm on Thursday and Friday and at 4:40pm on Saturday. ‘Byway Minutes’ are framed by the Byway jingle, performed by members of the SKATYRS band.
Byway Minute listeners will learn more about the many Byway activities and projects, such as:
- Paul and Babe’s GeoHunt, a summer geocaching event in partnership with PAL
- Paul Bunyan souvenirs
- Snippets from the 14 Interpretive Panel Kiosk stories
- Sites along the 54 mile Byway route
- US Army Corps of Engineers’ beautiful Dike 16 area
- Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway Exhibit Room
- Paul’s Stompin’ Grounds, a glimpse at the six cities and eight townships that make up the Byway route
- Byway survey takers
- Byway Kiosk gardens by U of M Master Gardeners
- Other surprises! Keep listening.
Participating sponsors so far include North Wedge Greenhouse, Bait Box Marina, Lakes Area Gallery and Frame Shoppe and Black Pine Beach Resort. To become a sponsor, contact Marj Bundgaard at KLKS Radio.
If you’d like to be involved, but aren’t able to be a sponsor, maybe you’d enjoy being one of the radio voices for a Byway Minute. It’s easy and fun! Contact Byway Association chair, Lynn Scharenbroich, at 543-4714.