Byway Minutes Are Here
Since May, KLKS radio has been airing informational spots about the Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway called ‘Byway Minutes’. The new Byway jingle, performed by members of the popular classic rock band SKATYRS, punctuates this mini-feature. Each Minute is sponsored by two area businesses.
On Thursdays and Saturdays at 2:40pm and on Fridays at 4:40pm, KLKS listeners hear fun and curious information snippets about the Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway and the surrounding Byway area. Twenty different ‘Byway Minutes’ have been aired so far, with more quick and compelling spots still to come. KLKS listeners can look forward to learning more about the many Byway activities and projects, including the following:
- Table Tales and other uncommon fun at the Byway’s Annual Meeting
- Economic value of byways
- Cities and townships along the Byway
- Byway and US Army Corps of Engineers partnership
- New Paul Bunyan stories from the area
- Beds, Bites and Brews- a new Tour Brochure insert
- Interpretive panel stories, including how to make 25 miles of railroad with just 1000 feet of track
In addition to KLKS Radio, other sponsors include North Wedge Greenhouse, Bait Box Marina, Wildwedge Golf and Mini-Golf, Black Pine Beach Resort, Venture North Vehicles and Breezy Point Resort dining.
For listeners who would like text copies of the entire collection of Byway Minutes, they are available by request, just email.
To learn more about the Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway, travel the route or we invite you to browse through the website.