Buying at a Bargain
Grants allow organizations to complete projects at a real bargain. Total project costs can be shared among multiple funding sources.
The Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway Association is able to apply for grant funding for various projects through federal sources as well as state and local sources. Federal partners cover up to 80% of the total costs, leaving 20% as the local responsibility. State partners provide 40%-50% of the total costs, with the remainder being the local responsibility.
As with any good bargain, though, there’s more to consider than the good deal itself. The big consideration is the local match.
With projects ranging in costs from a couple thousand dollars for smaller things like brochure reprints, to over $50,000 for major plan development and implementation like the Corridor Management Plan, securing local match funding becomes a big job.
You can help. If you’re part of a township, city or organizational board, encourage your group to allocate annual funds to the PBSBA. Individuals and businesses can help through membership in the PBSBA and through additional yearly donations to specific projects or as an undesignated donation. Thank you for supporting the PBSBA‘s community projects.