The Byway Keeps Getting Better!
Lynn Scharenbroich is shown here passing a 'very big' $24,000.00 check to Ed Larsen during a Shoulder Paving Celebration in Pequot Lakes. Many local businesses, groups and individuals donated to the project.
Thursday, September 30th, 2004 from 11am to 12:30pm community members gathered at the Pequot Lakes City Hall for a celebration of the completion of the shoulder paving of County State Aid Highway #11 from #112 to the Breezy Point Gates.
Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway Association chair, Lynn Scharenbroich welcomed the group and extended thanks and recognition to all those whose generous donations helped complete this worthwhile project. A special recognition was extended to the project's Committee Members: Duane Blanck, Bob Bundgaard, Dave Gravdahl, Mat Johnson, Ed Larsen, Cathy Malecha, Jim Oraskovich, Carrie Ruud, Lynn Scharenbroich, and Linda Ulland.
Following a few words of thanks and appreciation shared by Cathy Malecha,
Mayor-City of Pequot Lakes; Dave Slipy, City Council-City of Breezy Point; Duane Blanck, Crow Wing County Engineer; and Ed Larsen, Crow Wing County Commissioner - everyone enjoyed a delicious lunch served outside the City Hall under a sunny, blue sky. Thank you to the lunch sponsors: Northern Food King, Plaid Duck Coffee and Wine Bar, Sibley Station, Timberjack, and Cathy Malecha and Wayne Chamberlain.
**Total cost of the project was $234,865. Through Federal Enhancement Funding Feds funded 80% and the other 20% came from Crow Wing County and**the $24,000.00 locally raised dollars.