Projects in Progress
- The Interpretive Center partnership planning with the US Army Corps of Engineers (COE) in Crosslake is expected to result in a contract by early winter which would allow space for the PBSBA in the current COE office building.
- Look for the second deck in a series of Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway Playing Cards. Pine River/Backus High School graduate, Tracy Peterson, provided the majority of the Byway photos reproduced in this newest deck, slated to be in area retail outlets in time for Christmas.
The footbridge over Hay Creek, connecting the south and north segments of the Veterans Hiking Trail at Island Lake Woods on C.R. #16, is installed.
- Funding for the Bog Walk at the Veterans Hiking Trail at Island Lake Woods is still being sought. A portion of the proceeds from the $49,999.99 Raffle will go toward completion of this and other Veterans Hiking Trail projects.
- A National Scenic Byways Program Grant application has been submitted to fund the re-creation of the historic Whitefish area mailboat route which ran for 39 years in this area. Dick Haskett of Rice Creek Resources donated his time to write the grant.
- PBSBA Website continues to undergo improvements each month. There is a need for photos of people using the Byway. If you have some photos to share, please contact the webmaster.
Tuesday, September 23, 2003
Inkslinger, Volume 4 Issue 2 - Summer 2003