PBSB AROUND TOWN
- To celebrate the shoulder paving along CSAH #11, completed just before school started, the Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway Association held a dedication ceremony on the Pequot Lakes city hall lawn on Sept. 30. Lunch was provided by Sibley Station, Northern Food King, Plaid Duck Coffee and Wine Bar, Timberjack, Cathy Malecha and Wayne Chamberlain.
- PBSBA 2004 annual meeting was held at Antlers in Breezy Point on 11/3/04. Keynote speaker was Colonel Michael Pfenning, US Army Corps of Engineers.
- Representatives from the PBSBA were in Staples on August 27, participating in the annual exhibit of projects that have received funding from the U of M’s Central Region Partnership.
- A Paul Bunyan cribbage tournament was held on Aug. 28 as a part of the Jenkins Centennial Celebration. The cribbage event was organized by Byway Board member, Wayne Chamberlain.
- On Oct. 15, nearly 25 people gathered for two hours around a cozy fireplace at Black Pine Beach Resort to listen to Ed Dallas’ presentation on the ‘Truth About Telling Tall Tales‘. The event was videotaped for possible use in a Paul Bunyan documentary.
Thursday, May 26, 2005
Inkslinger, Volume 5 Issue 2 - Fall 2004