Got A Minute?
The Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway Association is again partnering with KLKS radio airing informational spots about the Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway. Since 2009, Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway spots have run from May through September.
- Each spot, called a Byway Minute, includes the Byway jingle and is sponsored by a local area business. Sponsors for 2011 include North Wedge Greenhouse, Bait Box Marina, Nordic Haus, Wes Hanson Builders, Pine Peaks Restaurant, Lakes State Bank and Lakes Area Gallery and Frame Shoppe.
KLKS listeners may have already heard some of the 2011 ‘Minute’ spots, including interesting facts about birding on the Byway, canoe routes, the Veterans Walking Trail, world’s largest Paul Bunyan rag doll, and resorts along the Byway, to name a few. Byway Minutes can be heard at 2:40pm on Thursday and Saturday, and at 4:40pm on Friday.
Listen for more ‘fun to know’ topics as the summer rolls on, including these:
- Jenkins history panel at the Gateway Gazebo
- Economic impact of the PBSB
- Bunyan cut-outs at the Crosslake Campground
- PBSB logo on the Explore Minnesota TV ad
- Kiosk gardens
If you would like to be a voice of the Byway and record a Byway Minute, contact Byway Association chair, Lynn Scharenbroich, at 543-4714.