The Pine River Chamber has received approval from the City of Pine River to construct a pair of Paul Bunyan's baby boots near the Information Center this summer.
Projects in Progress
The Bog Walk, from now on known as the Wetlands Walk, at Veterans Walking Trail is in the final stages of completion.
- 14 Interpretive Panel Kiosks located at thirteen sites along the Byway route are nearly complete.
Installation of fourteen interpretive panels is nearly complete. Not just your ho-hum informational panel, Paul Bunyan himself puts his folksy, bigger-than-life spin on these stories of the area.
- The third deck of Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway playing cards is in producti
- The Interpretive Center partnership planning with the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) in Crosslake is expected to result in a completed contract by spring, 2004, which would allow space for
- The third deck of Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway playing cards is in production. This deck will feature Paul Bunyan tall tale characters at various events and sites along the Byway.
- The Partnership with the US Army Corps of Engineers (USACE) in Crosslake will become official on November 3, 2004.