Nick-named 'Cod' because of his constant comments about the Cape Cod area of the U.S., a place he apparently enjoyed, Kimball homsteaded the property on the west side of the road overlooking Pelica
During the late 1800's, the Old Grade was a railroad track used to move logs. It was the Cross Lake Logging Company's railroad. In 1903 Swen P.
The cemetery has been at this location for over 50 years. A sign at the entrance says, ‘In memory of Tim’ a tribute to the son of a more recent generation of the family who donated the land.
Begun as a farm, the resort started emerging in 1911. For many years the property was both farm and resort.
The cemetery was laid out in 1935 and is affiliated with Faith Lutheran Church of Swanburg.
The Northern Pacific Railroad carried logs from points north down what has become known as ‘the Old Grade Road’ and over parts of CSAH 66.
Started in the 1930s, the resort's current owners are the third generation. The original owners were well known fishing guides. The current generation of Heaths continue that tradition.
On the west side of C.S.A.H. 15 just north of the Piney Ridge Road is the Heath Homestead. This house was built in 1901. The Heath family still lives in the area.
Started as a home, the original owners switched their plans part-way through the construction and built a restaurant instead!
Built in 1940, the church originally had its bell in the church bell tower, but following a wild storm in 1963, the bell was knocked off its mounting.