Explore the Lore of Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway
Why Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway Association?
This non-profit organization promotes, preserves and enhances free area amenities available to all the public to enjoy; appropriate since Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway's primary intrinsic quality is recreation! Add Paul Bunyan's whimsical truth and lore, legendary characters, and we're left with a terrific opportunity to share our community stories and history. Below are a few examples of why supporting PBSBA gives back to these communities in a BUNYAN-SIZED way.
• PBSBA is proud to once again offer the $1000 Linda Ulland Memorial Scholarship to a 2017 graduating student of Pequot Lakes High School or Pine River-Backus High School. April 15th was the deadline for applications.
• Update: the historic fire tower in Pequot Lakes on CSAH 11 which is closed to the public for safety reasons, has been recently nominated for National Register of Historic Places. Click to read more.
• Volunteers came together last November, planting 25 red maple trees at two locations along the Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway. Ten of the trees are planted at the Crosslake Rec Area/US Army Corps Campground in memory of Ron Johnson, who served on board for many years. The remaining 15 maples are planted... (click to read more)
• Engraved paver brick opportunity at the Linda Ulland Memorial Gardens... (click to read more)
• '...While it was created in part to help fund biking shoulders, the byway has become more than that. It’s a unifying force among several separate but neighboring communities."
Excerpt, Lake Country Journal, written and photographed by Kate Perkins. Click to download pdf (with permission from LCJM) and read more.
Download your map and start exploring!
A BIG BUNYAN-SIZED Thank You to Whitefish Area Lodging Association (WALA) for funding the 2017 issue of the popular Tear-Off Map, (Out this winter!). Pick up a map at many of these lodging locations; any of the 13 interpretive kiosks you'll find along Paul's Scenic Byway, and local area Chambers of Commerce.
Thank you to our Members, volunteers and supporters! There are many ways to support Paul Bunyan Scenic Byway Association.